Creative mind on hyperdrive

I think a lot of creative minded people, not only writers and artists, but plenty of others like inventors or others with quite active imaginations have a whole lot of 'stuff' constantly floating around in their heads. I'm going to go out on a limb here, and while I fully accept all of my little quirks and idiosyncrasies, I don't think I"m the only one who feels like my brain is going a mile a minute sometimes. Not all the time, but for the vast majority I could say I'm thinking about far more than one thing at a time.

This has always been the case; in school I actually did better if I was drawing, doodling, or at least writing something down during the lessons; I'm bodily kinesthetic was the 'fancy' term they taught us when we learned how everyone comprehends things differently. And just as I seem to always need to be doing multiple things at once, my mind sort of works the same way. This can be a good thing as I'm an excellent multitasker but sometimes it does get a little cluttered in there and overwhelming when I feel like I've got so many ideas and don't want to forget them, or have all these things I want to do I find it hard to focus on one project and see it all the way through before getting started on another.

I've become markedly better at buckling down and finishing things, and always when I've got a deadline or work agreement, but one thing that helps me stop from going insane from thinking I'll lose my 'precious' ideas is I keep lists. Lists like you wouldn't believe, and they are scattered everywhere; but I know exactly where they are. Although don't many seemingly unorganized people say that they in fact know where everything is, and when someone actually cleans up that's where their trouble begins? But I do find inspiration in the oddest places, so I literally try not to go anywhere without at least a scrap piece of paper and a pen. It at least puts my mind at ease knowing that I can get something down no matter where I am and revisit it for the future if need be. I may not wind up using all of my 'ideas' or even a fraction of them, but at least I've got them written down on a list...somewhere.


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment