I guess I'll make my own hours

Well today I woke up at a freakishly early hour and couldn't get back to sleep. So I got up, got in a run and pounded out some freelance writing work in the wee hours of the morning. Well, that's all good and fine in terms of getting my productivity on but now it's barely late afternoon and I'm dragging...very tired. I have horrible sleep problems and for whatever reason wake up literally in hour and a half increments throughout the entire night. I can be down in the sack for hours but never really wake up refreshed and then I often have the ongoing problem with not being able to shut off that brain at night; thinking of an article I want to write, an email to send, a picture to draw. I like that, but it sure makes for odd sleeping habits.

That is one thing I like about being a writer, I am able to set my own schedule. So if that does mean getting up before 4am and then petering out by the late old hour of 3pm so be it. I guess it all will even out in the end...



Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment